Tile in Mineola, NY
Today’s tile is more intriguing than ever before. Stronger and more stylish, tile flooring appeals to those looking for traditional flooring along with those who desire something more modern. With an array of tile colors, patterns, materials, and textures, there’s bound to be one that’s a perfect fit. If you’re searching for tile near you in Mineola, NY, visit the floor pros at Harry Katz Carpet One Floor & Home. We take pride in our impressive tile collection and have a tile option to fit every budget and design.
Thinking about adding tile flooring or backsplash to your home? Here’s information to get you started.
What Are the Three Types of Tile?
Today’s tile consumers will be pleased to discover there are three different tile options available to them. Most tile is manufactured from ceramic, porcelain, or stone. Not sure which tile option suits you? Here’s a closer look at each type of tile and its benefits.
- Ceramic tiles are molded out of natural clays and minerals, for a product that can withstand infinite foot traffic.
- They’re affordable and enduring, making them extremely popular for indoor use.
- Since it’s made from kiln-fired clay, ceramic tile is sustainable and natural.
- Choose from glazed or unglazed options.
- Porcelain tiles are created similarly, except they get fired at higher temperatures for a denser tile that’s right at home for outdoor patios.
- It’s a beautiful choice for kitchens and bathrooms, as well as around your pool, spa, or patio.
- There are thousands of porcelain options spanning all colors, shapes, and textures.
- Stone is carved from natural stone, like granite, slate, and marble.
- Considered to be ultra-luxurious, adding stone tile can significantly enhance your property value.
- Enjoy stone tile indoors or outdoors.
- While a sizable investment, your stone tile can be enjoyed for generations if properly maintained.
Tile For Your Kitchen & Bath
Looking for a way to make your kitchen or bathroom stand out?
A new tile backsplash could be just the thing you need to change the overall look of your space.
- In addition, you can add borders or accent pieces that will make your bathroom or kitchen backsplash unique.
- Looking for seamless hardwood flooring throughout your home? Add wood-look porcelain tile to your kitchen and bath for flooring that is durable and water-resistant!
Trending Tile Styles
With so many options, you can take your time exploring our showroom, or you can choose a couple of styles that catch your eye.
Trending styles include:
- Geometric patterns, e.g., hexagon
- Subway tile
- Marble-look tile
- Herringbone pattern
- Wood-look tile
What Does Your Installation Process Look Like?
What you may not currently know is that tile installation is time-consuming and can be laborious. Tiles are heavy and using a tile saw isn’t necessarily simple if you’ve never used one in the past. For this reason, we recommend that you hire our team of installers to complete your project. Our expert installers know the ins and outs of tile installation.
While designing your tile backsplash or wood-look tile floor is completely up to you, the installation is an entirely different aspect. We know just how to install the tile, so it’s straight across the room, which can be a factor that you may not consider when choosing to do it yourself. When you leave the installation to our flooring pros, you will have peace of mind and a beautiful outcome.
Our Installation Process
- Your tile installers will remove any old flooring and make sure the floor is level before they get started.
- Once our installers have removed your old flooring, they will work on the tile installation.
- Our installers will cut tiles to fit your specific space, such as around heating systems and cabinets.
- They will determine the best size of the grout lines needed, and when laying the tile, they will use spacers to set the spacing between the tiles.
- Your installers will then apply acrylic grout to the tile. Once grouted, your tile is ready to be walked on and enjoyed for years to come!
What Can I Expect From My Tile Installation?
- Tile installation is messy! Be sure to remove and cover any appliances and furniture, setting aside a work area for your installers.
- Tile installation can take up to 2 days. This can include removing any old tile or flooring (at an additional fee), setting the underlayment and new tile, and applying grout once installed.
- If your tile is being installed over wood, you will need an underlayment.
- Grouting is considered part of the installation cost and is calculated per foot for backsplash installation.
Shop Tile Near You in Mineola, NY - Harry Katz Carpet One
At Harry Katz Carpet One Floor & Home in Mineola, we are proud to offer tile, carpet, luxury vinyl, and more to the areas of Long Island, NY, Nassau County, and Suffolk County, NJ. We have popular brands like Daltile, as well as Carpet One exclusive brands such as Bel Terra, and a variety of tile options, including bathroom tile. Visit our Mineola showroom or shop our online tile selection today.