Bedroom Flooring Mineola, NY
For most families, bedrooms are special havens for rest, relaxation and rejuvenation, free from the stresses of everyday life. Calming paint colors, mounds of feathery soft pillows, luscious bedding and darkening shades help to create this zen-like atmosphere. But if the bedroom flooring is worn, ugly or just plain cold and uncomfortable, it can ruin the effect you have worked so hard to create. If you are updating your bedroom or plan to so in the near future, the following creative flooring ideas will help you make great choices and succeed in creating a truly beautiful, yet restful retreat.
Decide on your particular style before shopping
With hundreds of flooring options available, today's homeowner has the opportunity to choose the type and style of flooring that will best fit their amily, the room, their lifestyle and their budget. Before beginning the shopping process, spend some time thinking about how you want your finished bedroom to look and ask yourself and your spouse or partner the following questions:
• is there a particular design or look you want to bring to the entire room, such as classic, modern or something a bit softer, like French country?
• what type of surfaces do you enjoy walking on, maybe thickly padded carpeting, warm wood or cool tiles?
• what is the budget amount you have set aside for bedroom flooring?
Determine any special needs your flooring should fulfill
In addition to determining the type and style of flooring that will best enhance your bedroom, it is also important to determine any special factors that your bedroom flooring will need to address, such as:
• are there pets that will be allowed in the bedroom?
• will the space be used for other activities, such as exercising, hobbies, a home office or as an occasional play space for children?
• are there any health or mobility issues to consider before choosing flooring options?
If the room will have a lot of traffic from pets or small children, it may be wise to consider a comfortable, yet low maintenance flooring such as Berber carpeting or a quality laminate flooring product. By contrast, bedroom areas that will be used solely as a restful haven for one or two adults might use deep shags, thick pile carpeting or real hardwood or granite tile, with lush area rugs to separate areas for sleeping, reading or other activities. A reputable flooring dealer will be able to offer you tips on lifespan and care for each particular type of flooring and help you choose the best ones for your beautiful bedroom space.